Whether you want to add more solar capacity to a rooftop system or you're shopping for your first solar power system...
Our Portable Solar Kit is a simple, powerful, and cost effective solution
This super lightweight system delivers 200 watts of solar power and is compatible with all common battery types, such as lead-acid (including AGM) and lithium batteries.
Unlike rooftop solar panels, our system allows you to move the panels to where the sun is shining (within 25 feet of the Airstream), and angle them to optimize solar capture. The AIR GEAR "best in class" Portable Solar Kit fits in most Airstream wardrobes or in the backseat of your tow vehicle, and weighs only 19 pounds!
Our friend Brad from Thirteen Adventures explains the benefits of portable solar systems and shows you what's in our Portable Solar Kit:
Why people love this product
- Works with any Airstream trailer and all battery types – NOT compatible with Interstate motorhomes or Atlas motorhome
- Costs a lot less than rooftop solar and is more flexible
- No wiring, no drilling – no installation needed!
- Super lightweight – weighs less than 20 pounds!
Extends your stay in remote locations and places without hookups
- Deployable anywhere up to 25 feet from your Airstream, which means you can park your Airstream in the shade, and still get power from the sun (you can't do that with rooftop panels)
- Folds down to a size that's easy to store in most Airstream wardrobes – or the back seat of your tow vehicle
- Simple set up – 1-2 minutes and you're charging the batteries with the sun
The AIR GEAR Portable Solar Kit is ready to go out of the box, and takes only a few minutes to connect the cables and plug it into the Airstream's solar port.
Here's how our Portable Solar Kit compares to the competition – and why it's better:
OPTIONAL Third Party App
The Portable Solar Kit can be monitored and even re-programmed for specialized needs, with a third party mobile app for both iPhone and Android. The app is optional and not required for the Portable Solar Kit to function. Please note: We do not provide technical support for this app.
Comparing portable vs. rooftop solutions?
Solar is a must-have for serious Airstreamers
Simply put, solar allows you to enjoy longer stays at beautiful remote campsites where electricity isn't available – and reduces the need for a generator.
The AIR GEAR Portable Solar Kit includes:
IMPORTANT: If your trailer is a model year 2016 or earlier, you probably don't have a factory solar port. Choose the option for "7 way adapter" when placing your order.
- Set of 3 lightweight rigid panels which fold down for travel–complete with collapsible steel legs
- Water and dust resistant MPPT solar charge controller, compatible with lead-acid (including AGM), lithium (LiFePO4) and Gel batteries—re-programmable via your phone!
- 25-foot extension cable–which enables you to put the panels exactly where the sun is shining
- Adapter cable for connecting to the existing solar plug on newer Airstreams
- Zipper case with carrying handle for each set of panels
- Complete Instructions
The mobile app is free, and can be downloaded from your phone's app store.
Bonus: The kit comes with our exclusive guide: "Tips For Using Solar Power." Written by Rich Luhr, the publisher of Airstream Life magazine, the guide explains the best way to use your panels, conserve power, recharge and maintain your Airstream batteries, and more!
FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA
- Solar panels rated for 200 watts
- 19.6 lbs so it's easy to carry
- Panels, cables, and charge controller are fully weatherproof and can withstand rain and snow
- The tri-fold panel set is 28" x 23" when folded (fits in many Airstream wardrobe closets) and 28" x 68" when open
- Monocrystalline panels
- The charge controller is a 20 amp Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) type, which is far more efficient than cheaper PWM controllers, especially on cloudy days
- The extension cable is 8 AWG, heavier and more efficient than typical 10 AWG wires, with UV protection.
2-year AIR GEAR warranty